Below is a list of upcoming events surrounding behavioral health throughout South Carolina.
- November 20 Northeast & Caribbean ATTC - Cultural Humility and Responsiveness in Behavioral Health Care - Videoconference
- November 20 Pacific Southwest MHTTC - Multimedia Suicide Prevention in the 2020 Holiday Season: Screening of "The S Word"
- November 20 National Hispanic and Latino MHTTC - Pandemia: Restoring the Wounded Soul - Webinar
- November 24 Pacific Southwest ATTC - Effecting Change through the Use of Motivational Interviewing: Interactive Training for Skill Development
- November 24 Northeast & Caribbean PTTC - Overview of Harm Reduction - Webinar
- November 30 Pacific Southwest MHTTC - 2020 Holiday Mood Management: Self-Help in the Pacific Southwest During Pandemic Times - Webinar
- November 30 AARP South Carolina - TeleTown Hall on Stress
- The SCBHC and AARP are partnering to host a second TeleTown Hall (TTH) on COVID, behavioral health, and finding local resources. Please mark your calendar for Monday, November 30th at 6:30 pm. This conversation will focus on the Pandemic and Stress and feature Dr. Lynn Bufka, subject topic expert and one of the primary authors of the American Psychological Association’s national report, Stress in America 2020: A National Mental Health Crisis published in October. She will be discussing coping mechanisms to stave off anxiety and depression for the upcoming holiday season during the pandemic. In addition, Jennifer Butler, Program Manager of the Office of Suicide Prevention at the South Carolina Department of Mental Health, will be joining us to discuss local resources as well as a representative for the Department of Veterans Affairs. The TTH is open to the public, but you must sign up to participate: you can register by clicking here. Please note that you must sign up a minimum of 1 hour before the event's start time to be included.
- December 1 Pacific Southwest MHTTC - Trauma Informed Suicide Prevention: Leading School District, County & State Systems - Part 1: Policy - Webinar
- December 2 Northwest MHTTC - SMART Center 2021 Virtual Speaker Series
- December 8 NAMISC - Ending the Silence: a Presentation for Parents and Guardians
- December 10 South Carolina Behavioral Health Coalition
Previous Events and Other Resources
Below is a growing collection of materials from previously held webinars, presentations, and events.
- Adolescent & Young Adult Behavioral Health Collaborative Innovation & Improvement Network (AYA-BH CoIIN) - Addressing Adolescent & Young Adult Depression in Primary Care - Addressing Positive Screens: Referrals and Care Coordination
- Presentation file delivered October 6, 2020